Sunday, October 12, 2008

Day 1 of trip

So we set out on a journey for the first day. In the morning we ate Danbing (蛋餅). It's always a favorite of mine here :D

I love eggs <3 We sat and ate the danbing before going to the subway a.k.a MRT since eating and drinking is not allowed there. In Taipei, the MRT's name is Metro, so I'm gonna call that for subway. Rose had two cards belonging to home ba (her dad) so I can use one and pay later, while two of Rose's friends bought a coin for entry. The subway here is like Japan's. In Singapore they have a door, while here doesn't. It's only in Taipei Main Station, I think. The insides are mostly the same, with seats and handrails.

First we set out for Chiang-Kai-Shek Memorial Hall, as we wanted to go to the President's Palace. Today is a special day, the country's birthday I think. We took pictures. One of Rose's friend was so excited that another one of Rose's friend asked,"妳是外國人嗎?" (Are you a foreigner?) This time I haven't asked their names, but well I asked them later so since I wrote when everything has passed, I'll just put their names. I'm being too realistic in everything -_-" The one who's excited is Ci Ya and the other one is Xuan. If I put their English names, Ci Ya is Grace and Xuan is Phoenix. I'll just put their Chinese names.

We went to the memorial hall where a bronze statue resides. It's big, and Rose said it's a statue of a president. Wow. He must've made significant changes =) After taking pictures, we went down using the elevator and saw a mammoth exhibition. I took a picture of a mammoth large doll and took another with me and Xuan. Rose took some guides for us, and then I think we went to the toilet for a while. Also, the museum here has a water dispenser, so bringing a water bottle is convenient rather than buying one and another. Ah yes, I noticed the museum here has stamps as souvenirs, and I always stamp. XD. The museums I've been also has water dispensers. Cool thing.

Afterwards we went to the gift shop. Darned expensive. Well it's for tourists so I suppose they'll demand big. Maybe for the tourists it isn't that expensive but to me, being a student here, it is considered expensive. Well if converted to IDR, I don't know. Maybe expensive sometimes and cheaper sometimes. I bought a set of pins, which costed 250 NT$. The pins are landmarks on various places I think. One of it is Sun Moon Lake; Patty's been there, but I haven't. I also saw a flag patch near the counter and so, I bought one to be sewn on my Rotary blazer. =)

Next stop is the president's palace. But when we got there, tons of police officers are guarding the entry to the president's palace so it's no use. Also, the roads are blocked so it's empty. The number of people here is big (but not too big), but the number of cars, nope. Only authorized cars are able to enter.

Since we can't get it, we decided to go to Danshui (淡水). Rose said before we went to Chiang-Kai-Shek Memorial Hall, we'll go to Danshui if the president's palace is too crowded. It is; BUT with police officers. I didn't write about Rose's statement up there, but oh well. I tend to forget things and then remember it later when it's a little bit.. too late.

Oh yeah! I met a fellow exchangee; he's from Colombia. Total coincidence. When I saw his face I knew it was him; but I waited for him to recognize me. And yes, he is the exchangee I know. LOL. His name's Juan; complete is Juan David Cardozo Maglioni.

(Mind me; I like memorizing names.. I know some fellow exchangees' full names xD.. Marine Isabelle Cappellen, Tim Wertz, Christian Nordgaard Sundby, Isabella Rosselinni Young (me), Patricia Anne O'Brien, Isabelly Rayanne Nunes Lemos, Caroline Kanegusuku, Lays Lima Dutra, Julio Mansur, Jeanette Astrid Solis, Alexandria Marie Billings, Rapeepat Chivaruk, Claudio Dragonne Garcia, Laksami Chuwat... oh well. For the other Mexican and Thai friends.. sorry xP)

Juan came with his host mother and his host sisters. I suppose their destination is pretty much the same as us; and I took a pic with him since we coincidentally meet (?) haha. He lives in Chiayi so it's kinda far.. won't meet unless there's an inbound trip or something like that. Oh yeah, Juan introduced himself to Rose and her two friends in Chinese; wo shi Juan (I don't know his Chinese name.. maybe he said Juan or maybe his Chinese name..) wo lai (zi/zhi/zhe? I just know how to speak that word) 哥倫比亞 (Colombia). And Rose started speaking in Spanish. Lalala. She was an exchange to Mexico after all ;)

After the small chat, we bid goodbye and we left for Danshui.

Danshui is DARNED DAMNED far. It's the end of the route. MAAAANY people go down in Danshui. But I love the place <3>

So, we got down and exited the station. We walked towards the harbor. We also went into some shops; I bought a Taiwan shaped postcard; made of something I can't name in English... because I didn't know the exact word. Oh well. I also bought a TOTORO small purse. I love Totoro when I was small, so I bought it, even though it's 90NT$ in price.. expensive for that small thing. But I rarely saw any Totoro merchandises any more, since it's an old anime.

In the middle of the journey, I saw a store like Poya (a living mart) so I asked if I could enter. Lucky me. I was expecting to pass by a store like this to buy paper underwear (I don't want to wash a lot of underwear when I get back =P) and wet tissues. It turned out to be Watson... well I didn't see the sign. Hehehe.

We reached the harbor! In Taipei, the rain comes, and stops. It happened many times. I love the harbor here. I should've bought some things but my hands are full. Darn it. I wanted the ice cream too,, which is very high... Oh well. Gotta wait for the next trip xD maybe for the inbound students later in January. We ate lunch here; it didn't cost a lot but it is very small. I ate a small bowl of fried noodles and two pieces of pork stuffed meatballs. I MISS HOME MA'S PORK MEATBALLL...

There's a game station, but there's no DDR so it doesn't interest me very much, except for the turkey toy! Pressing the body will make them emit a funny voice. I recorded two. LOL.

There are some interesting gift shops here. First we saw a shop; it was crowded. It has DIY (Do It Yourself) products, preserved insects (eww), real flower stickers (I doubt it was real though. Except in real life there really is a four leaf clover), small snack keyrings, human body puzzle and many more. I didn't buy anything here.

Second, there's one that has a wood smell. It reminds me of Indonesia... ohh. I MISS SPICYY. TELOR BALADOOO SARI RATUU AYAM POPP CABE IJO ULEKK SAMBELLL~~ (non-Indonesian people do not mind my babble ehehehehehe)

I found something that I really LIKE. OMFG THE SMALL OWL IS SO CUTE. I'm gonna upload the picture once I get my memory card read. It's very small, yet the price is 80NT$. I'm gonna buy another one if I'm going to the harbor again =P

There's another gift shop but I didn't buy anything as none are interesting to my eyes, except for that blowfish. Aww. I didn't buy it though. Ci Ya bought something.

Then Rose, Ci Ya and Xuan said they wanted to buy the tower ice cream. I want ICE CREAM. OHHHHH. STUPID CHINA WITH THEIR MELAMINE ACCIDENT. It makes people sometimes feel uneasy, especially with that factory being a big one.

After ice cream, we wanted to get on the boat. I saw the line. TOO LONG. And I thought Rose said it will take too much time to just queue. Then we walked in another way. Oh, mind me. It wasn't for that long-lined queue. This one is not that crowded. We went into the queue, and the line stopped right before us. So, maybe luck? We get to be the first in the next turn.

We went to a place I don't know the name. Bali (八里) Wharf. Bali~ oh Bali. The characters are the same but I think it wasn't meant for Indonesian Bali.

Ci Ya and Xuan wanted to go to the toilet so they rushed outside the boat. Rose and me waited. Gosh, the rain got stronger, and the wind is so strong. We got quite wet but at least it has shelter so we get wet from the side only. We visited some shops. Rose told me of a kind of Taiwanese traditional snack. Shrimp cookies. I think I ate that kind already, but I don't know. It looks delicious =P

Rose bought a wallet; it only cost 100NT$. Lalala. The rain had stopped, and there was a rainbow. So, we took pictures. However, it's hard because it's so bright it's hard to see. I gave up, it's better to seek for a less bright place. There was a fountain that got a rainbow too, so I took a picture. Then, I thought this place is less bright and I took the picture. I loved it. XD

We took a bus towards the Danshui MRT. We looked at the shops because Rose and me wanted to buy an umbrella. Both of our umbrella is broken because of the strong wind. -_-" I also saw an old woman selling handdrawn postcards! So beautiful. How can color pencils be so beautiful? Aww. 50 for 3 so I bought three. I wish I had bought more though =P

Next stop is Taipei Main Station. Objective: Shopping. One of the exits are connected to Zhongshan Station and in the middle were shops. Rose bought jeans, while I didn't buy anything. There's a brand that interested me but... SO EXPENSIVE. I think it's a French brand,, the name is Poupine.

I ate a candy Xuan offered, but it turned out to be sour and I didn't really like it, so I put it on the left side of my mouth. After so long and the candy isn't finished yet, I decided to gulp it down with water, but... it hurt. I forgot that drinking isn't allowed so I waited until outside. I think we're heading for Houshanpi Station. I drank some water but it didn't really help. It didn't hurt as much any more so it's okay. We went to a shopping center. FULL OF CLOTHING SHOPS. WITH SALES!

LOL. I found a shop my sister would like. I've always been a fan of laces but wearing them... not really. I just love to see it. LOL. But the clothes in the shop are so expensive.. well they're not on the 'on sale' side. One I liked, 1080/1180 NT$. Hell. I loved it but for that price... I'd prefer to order one online later. I decided I wanted one after all :)

The shopkeeper was in Sweet Lolita clothing; with pink and white color. The other one is gothic punk, well maybe,, that's in my opinion because her makeup looks like goth, and the clothing is more goth-punk... oh well that's how I define it.

Rose bought a jeans that was on sale, and then we went out. I saw the rack with bags, and also the Mary Janes. Aww. But the high heels... well. I'll buy one, maybe, but later of course. Then we looked around a little, before going for dinner. We weren't very familiar to Taipei so we just go to wherever we can eat. We ate pork with rice and some veggies. Then we went back to the shopping station. I think it's called Wufenpu/Wufenbu Shopping Center. I didn't remember the last character, but the first two characters is 五分 and the other one I forgot. Oh well~


We went back to the shopping place, and I said I wanted to take a pic of the girl back in the store. At first it was planned to be the girl herself but the girl said I should go take the pic with her and so I gladly complied :)


Mood lift. And more, I found a shop with these cool clothes. They have that Chinese tinge in their clothes; not like usual casual clothing. The first time I laid my eyes on it, I knew I liked it. They currently have some kind of promotion; 400 NT$ for 3. I'm in. Definitely :D

Afterwards I was just waiting for Xuan, Ci Ya or Rose shopping. I didn't really like shopping in shops like this, since I'm usually looking for skirts or shorts and their sizes are usually small. Oh well. Being a big girl can be kinda hard sometimes. I'm self-conscious but I try to not think about it too much... at least I hope so --"


Feet hurt. Like hell. And we weren't in Metro yet. Perfect. And then, the way back to where we stay; let's just call home here; is like a mountain. Go up and up and up. Finally reaching home, we took a bath. I was the first, and Ci Ya was the second.


After taking a bath I was too lazy to dry my hair even though it's very late already and instead I went to Xuan's room bringing my diary and pencil case. I went there because Rose is also there; I'd prefer be with someone else rather than just being alone, writing my diary in my room. Oh well. --"

Ci Ya took a bath for what seemed to be two hours. She reminds me of my sis :p I heard water running repeatedly, and my mind imagined that maybe she loves CLEAN and tends to wash her body repeatedly so all the germs will be completely washed away. Wait, I think I went a bit too far? Oh la la. I slept like one o' clock I think; and woke up seven forty something in the next morning.